Monday, September 23, 2013

So What Does the Universe Taste Like by Annie Sun

<< So What Does Universe Taste Like? >>


So, what does universe taste like?


I bet it tastes like ice cream, said one of the children.


No! I think it taste like fruits, argued one of the children.


Universe MUST taste like chips, shouted the boy.


More and more children joined the conversation.


 Arguing becomes more and more intense.


They huddled in a big circle, and reasoned with each other.


They debated loudly about their own opinion.


But one stood away from them, far away from them.


They called her the “lonely orphan”.


She looks lost like she doesn’t belong in this planet.


Your father died, your father died!


They would usually tease her like that.


She is always in silence.


Her father did die in space a few years ago.


Her father leaves a hole of pain in her heart.


What do you think universe taste like?


Asked one of the children.


I think it taste like the tears of my father,


Said Livy.


 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome poem, it's so sad ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your poem Annie! I liked the topic of your poem, it was really interesting. It was also emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your poem Annie! I liked the topic of your poem, it was really interesting and was so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem rocks! It's really deep and has a meaningful message behind it. I love it, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative poem! And a shocking ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very touching poem, really enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete