Wednesday, October 16, 2013

FIRST TIME AT THE BEACH by Andrew L.

<<FIRST TIME AT THE BEACH>>


 In everyone’s life, a chance to go to the beach is just essential. It is a wonderful place to go to and enjoy your day. I was born in the US, in Los Angeles, where the ocean waves surge against the Los Angeles coast. At that time period, I was still 2 and a half years old. I would spend my entire time everyday staying at my house, playing with my toys. All I knew about and all my knowledge, was simply “trapped” inside my house. I had absolutely no idea what joy was even there in the outside world. One of my highlights of my entire life was the first time I actually visited a beach.

It all started on this sunny day, the first time when my dad actually took me out to play. Full of joy and excitement, I dashed out of my house with my dad. The fresh air that flowed into my nose, and the wind that breezed across my face, gave me the feeling that this was going to be a very special day.

My dad and I arrived at this place where there were these tiny little bits of things that looked really similar to rocks spread everywhere, and this “huge swimming pool” that seemed limitless, stood right next to it. I took a step into the tiny rocks, noticing that they were much softer than ordinary ones. My toes sunk into the small bits, making me feel really comfortable. This was completely a different world than the one I used to be in!

My dad told me to have fun and play around here, but he also told me not to touch the water. As he walked away to rest on a couch, full of curiosity, I disobeyed his orders and charged toward the body of water. Just at the same time, an enormous wave rushed right towards me like a rough and hard wall, knocking me to the ground. My dad ran towards the place I fell and picked me up. Tears of fear went gushing out of my eyes, but at the same time, I felt like this was one of the best moments of my entire life! That was the very first time I actually went into the ocean!

Everyone has a first time on everything. Thinking back to the moment I first came to a real beach, I feel really different comparing my life now and my life back then.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is good! I'm surprised by the variety of word choice and the sentence fluency. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete