Thursday, March 13, 2014

UPDATE: Today's Bookchat ePad


Welcome to our epad reading conference.   The purpose is to increase the depth of your in-class reading experience.  This is an effort to discuss, ask questions, make connections and gain perspective on your reading.  Participation is required, but the direction of the discussion is up to you.

 

Avoid Spoilers, please.  Also, at the conclusion of our discussion, this will be posted on the 778 Blog.

 

Please put your name what are you Reading?

Anna- Matched

Benjamin- Friday Night Lights

Henry: The Adventure Of Robin Crusoe

Michael- A Series of Unfortunate Events

Lawrence: Hard Ball

 Brandon- The Mysterious Benedict Society

 Matthew- Miss Peregrines's Home for Peculiar Children

 Andrew - Insurgent So, you have read all 3?or are reading, I guess?

Lizzy- Hush Hush 

Julia: Flawless

Emerson - The Son of Neptune

Angela- The Dark Heroine

Rachel-The Lost Hero

Paul Koch - Iron and Silk

Ray - insurgent

Get started – 10 minutes starts now!

 

Why did you choose this book?

Because my friend from the NL recomended it to me, and the back of the book seemed pretty interesting. 

I chose this book because in 5th grade, when I had Mrs. Zhang, she told the class that it was her favorite book, so I decided to read it.

Because i saw the cover and i thought it would be intersting.

My friend on my hockey team suggested it to me and he said it was really good, and so did Mrs. Rosevear.

I chose this book because some of my friends told me about this series and I finished the first book so im on the second.

Since this book is about baseball, it reminded me of playing this sport back when i was 7. Of course I stopped playing this sport but I still have passions of reading books about baseball :D

Emerson - I am continuing The Heroes of Olympus series

Because I am re-reading the Percy Jackson series before the new book comes out.

I chose this book becauseI had read Divergent, Insurgent is a sequel to that book.

I chose this book because I am finishing the series

I chose this book becuase I have heard reveiws that it a good book. Also I have seen the movie so I want to read the book.

I chose this book because my friend had recommanded me to read thisl

In the spirit of poetry week, write a few lines of poetry that relate to your poem.  This could be character, situation, event, emotion.  Give a short explanation of how your poetry relates to your novel.


Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.


Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

-This poem is used in the book, because the main characters granfather died and she was very close to him. 


Kissing, kissing everywhere

but only on her hair

I cannot kiss her face, 

because it would be out of place


pg 74 - Mark and his guests discuss the differences in kissing to the Chinese and Americans


Jason is so cool

He Kinda lost his memory

He has a cool Sister

The Fastball,

that you hope to score

is more.

The Curveball,

that you thought was there,

is air.

War Torn families,

but the couple remains good.

With all of their love.

tris and tobias' relationship remains good even when war between factions have riipped their families apart.

I chose this book because my sister read it a while ago and said it was good. Last night she was doing my nails and i wanted to read so she told me to read it. 

Emerson - Go to Alaska

Find Thanatos and free him.

Come back by sundown on June twenty-fourth or die.

"Rules and schools are tools for fools. I don't give two mules for rules!" In the book, one of the main character orphans answers this in her test, which then leads the directer to choose her in the story.

Julia- Dont let the door hit you were mother nature split you.

Insurgent doesn't have any poetry i think.

This book is really good

It is peculiar

Refrigerator

Robin went to a island

he finds some people on the island

he finds many adventures

he likes his life on the island

Violet invents alot

Klaus reads the lot

Sunny likes to cook


People with may personalities

But they don't give up

Everything thay do changes their lives

relate it yourself, write your own poem about a character or event


Tobias is mad, 

Because of Marcus his dad, 

His dad is quite cruel.

Percy is confused.

Hazel is supposed to be dead.

Frank is a klutz.

I had been reading the previous books from the series and i wanted to know what happend next.

What is the reading level of this book for you? Easy, just right, a bit tough?

This book is perfect for me :)

 Some parts of this book are easy, some parts are hard. Overall i think its just right.

 This book is perfect for me.

 I general i think it's just right, beacause since theres not to many new words, the book is easy to enjoy.

Just right

a bit easy

 Most of the book so far has been just right, but there was like one part that was a bit tough to understand. 

 Just Right!

Emerson - Just right

Julia: Just Right maybe a little inappropriote but oh well.(:

I think it is just rightXD because I know almost all of the words but still, some of them are hard for me.

I think it is good for me.

It's all good

I think it is a good fit.

How long do you think it will take you to complete the book?

I am right at the end- one more day!

 I think I can finish the book by the end of the week.

 Probably in around 2-3 days.

 I could finish it by the end of the month.

 A week or less

 about 5 days

 2 weeks at most

Emerson - I don't know

Julia: Not Sure

About one weel(?)

I dont know, but i just started today. 

Probably another day

Maybe before the end of the mouth.

Eventually= probably end of the month

Has anything like the situation in the book ever happened to you?

No way. War? Seeking Haven? Definetely not

I don't think so, because the main character and most of the other characters are orphans, and I've never felt that way.

Nope, and i doubt it ever will.

Nope, never got in a fight in baseball before

Not really because I had never wanted to be an explorer.

Emerson - I forget things that happen to me sometimes and wonder if I was dreaming things or they were real.

No. I never met a vampire before.

Well yes a monster or two has attacked me but besides that i have not found camp half blood yet so weel see what happens.

I have witnessed police cars and those accur a lot in the book im reading.

Nothing so far. 

th


Nope and 99% definitly not

No, I don't think I will be in this situation.

International School of Beijing: ironandsilk.

No comments:

Post a Comment