Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Citizens Weigh In | City in the Sea

The Citizens Weigh InPaul Koch [STAFF]       November 27, 2013      Uncategorized     No Comment

I liked how we as citizens could lead and take power throughout the discussion, although the Q&A section became a little chaotic with repeating questions and a debate-like environment.

I think all of the government proposal were either republic, democracy or both of them mixed together. So I think we have to say that the voting is gonna lead to republic or democracy.

I really like what we did today. We shared our ideas how our government should be.

It really felt like having a really big meeting about a country!

i would love to do this in the future, i think everybody did awesome i think it is very chaotic, but yet represents what a usual congress is like, with people poking wholes in every thing you say, and people disagreeing completely.

IT WAS SO STRESSFUL! but i think it was a good learning experience I think that we should choose republic as our type of government because people have free choice under this type of system and the majority is also restrained by law as well. This way, people would be able to live freely but also in a safe way.

I think that the Selection went through quite smoothly, but there were a few errors in some forms of governments.

I think we should choose repoligarchy because they have the best system for freedom.

Well,honestly I think that this way of forming ideas is very effective.It shows us the different concepts and types of governments that most likely fit in with our wants and needs list. I like hos some of the presentations were very straightforward and clear but,others were a little too vague.

i think todays discussion is really interesting and helpful.

I suggest that we should combine two different ideas of governments. For example, the Buleutarian and the Equilibracy can be combined because there are similar procedures, yet there are different ways to fulfill the needs and desires of our citizens and society. I, myself, still believes that we should have a council. However, our government also has a few disadvantages, which I believe that combining with a different idea of a form of government can even out the disadvantages and make the benefits of our form of government STRONGLY outweigh the disadvantages. Thank you.

For the method of deciding government i think 778 should debate about the governments and choose the top 2 from the 6 governments. Then the teachers will decide which government we will use from the top 2. I left the question blank because i didn’t know how to say that in one word.

I think that today the chat went well today. Maybe when we are choosing the government we can combine a little bit of each government so that each group can have a little bit of their proposal in the final decision.

I think we need to make laws base on people’s needs and wants. I think the government should be working based on the laws and followed the laws to decide things. Also I think only a government deciding about everything is not reasonable and doable. So i think there should be congress men or maybe representatives to balance with the government.

via The Citizens Weigh In | City in the Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment