Thursday, February 27, 2014

Eric's favorite poem

My Journey with luck

By Hemu Gupta

 

My zodiac sign matches with many millionaires,

But I don’t possess the same amount of wealth.

My date of birth is same as many athletes and players,

But I don’t have similar health.

 

I rearranged my house according to fengshui on advice of my neighbour.

I wore many gemstones but it also proved to be fruitless labour.

 

I had fasts as my astrologer said it will end all my financial troubles.

But in addition I got health problems so my trouble became double.

 

I have always been very cautious about good or bad omens.

I worship many imaginary gods to be safe from many imaginary demons.

 

I also talked to talking parrots and glanced through magic crystals.

I went to forged pundits on footpath to reach higher pedestals.

 

I also searched the key to happiness through a set of tarot cards.

I performed various rituals to satisfy my ancestors sleeping in graveyard.

 

I visited many palmists to know what is wrong with lines of my palm.

I changed the spellings of my name to save myself from any kind of harm.

 

But one day I got fed up and decided to just concentrate on my work.

From that day till today I have never been lazy and never ever shirked.

 

I changed my habits and changed my way of living.

I started loving my life and started respecting small things.

 

Now I don’t think that anything in my life is tragic.

Now there is no uncertainty as I have become strategic.

 

Now my life is no longer uncertain or tricky.

As I am no longer lucky or unlucky.

 

http://poetry.com/poems/1176080-my-journey-with-luck

No comments:

Post a Comment