Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Today's Bookchat

International School of Beijing: worldwithoutfish.




Welcome to our epad reading conference.   The purpose is to increase the depth of your in-class reading experience.  This is an effort to discuss, ask questions, make connections and gain perspective on your reading.  Participation is required, but the direction of the discussion is up to you.

 

Avoid Spoilers, please.  Also, at the conclusion of our discussion, this will be posted on the 778 Blog.

 

Please put your name what are you Reading?

Flawless - Jules

Jared- Allegiant

 Rachel-Matched

 Jane Eyre -- Elaine

 World WIthout FIsh - PK

Annie- Insurgent

 Hidden talents - Eric

Leah- Insurgent

Sunny-Ender's Game

Kina - Nothing but the truth

time riders-bill

Anna- Divergent


Get started – 10 minutes starts now!

 

Why did you choose this book?

My friends were recomending it to me and a lot of people had great reviews on it. 

I chose this book because I didn't have a book to read and my mom thought I would lke so she checked it out for me.

I chose this booke becuase i had already started reading the first booke of the series and i really liked it and I wanted to know what happend next.

I chose this book because I got recommended by my friends and also that when I searched up on Google, people who read said it's good so I tried.

It is a Panda Book and I am supposed to vote soon, so I thought I better get started

I chose this book because i started reading divergent at first and thought it was a good book. Then realized that there was a sequel to the book, and the other books must have been as good too.

I chose this book because I read Divergent and really liked it, so I wanted to continue the trilogy. 

I chose this book because I was always fond of books about hidden talents, and how the main character finds out for him/herself.

I chose this book because this book is made up by many diffrent people's story.

I chose this book because lots of my friends were reading it and some had read it and already seen the movie. So I decided to give it a try to see if it was the type of book that I would like to read.

I chose this book because when I finished the book Divergent, i read a sneak peak of insurgent and i really want to know that happened next, so i started reading the book. 

·      This part is very realistic/unrealistic because . . . 

This book seems realistic(and scary) because the realities of the potential destruction of the ocean seem to make sense. While it doesn't feel like a scientific bok, it does smell like science. 

This book is a mixture of both realistic and unrealistic because there is no way to tell what will happen in the future. I think parts of the book are unrealistic. For example, the simulations are a little bit to intense to make them sound realistic. Lots of realistic issues like wars and love are also mentioned in the book. 

The book is pretty realistic because it talks about what our future after the fall of our generation would be like.

This book is pretty realistic. the beginning of the book is realistic. It starts with a diary of a boy and he wrote about his daily life and what he liked in that day. Till now on it's pretty realistic but it might be different at the back. 

 This booke seems realistic because everyhting that is happening is something that would happen in real life.

It seems unrealistic because everyone is living in different community fenced off from other people. Scientists are studying them, watching what they do. It is a little disturbing to be watched constantly by an unknown person. The citizens don't even know anyway. Different people have "healed genes" and "broken genes" 

This book is realistic so far because I haven't got to the part where the main character reveals his hidden talent.

The book seems really realistic but it is a novel, and all of th story are made up by the athor, what makes the book become more realistic is the characters.

This book is very unrealistic at parts of the book because (it is a science fiction but) the way people see and do things are rediculous compared to how we would solve the problem today. In the beginning, the main character got in a fist fight with his enemy (which is realistic, it can happen) but he punched him so much that the enemy got unconscious, and the guards selected him for this camp because of "why" he did what he did.

This book is pretty realistic, i think this book happened in the future, most of the parts in the story are realictic. But some of things they talked about hasn't appeared in our life yet, so maybe a bit unrealistic somtimes. 

The topic of the book is unrealistic, but how the auther buts it it seems more realistic. 

·      I think the relationship between ______and ______ is interesting because . . .Kram and Ailat show that young people look up to their elders and want to see them pursue what they are passionate about.  It shows that the perils of being an adult in a cruel world are not lost on the young like Ailat.

I think the relationship between Tris and Christina is interesting because they used to be good friends even though they have such different personalities. Also, I find it interesting how far apart they are now because Christina is mad. normally you dont talk to them as much, not avoid them completely.

 think the realationship between Cassia and Xander is interesting because they are supposed to be in love but Cassia is in love with both Xander and Ky.

 I think the relationship between Emily and Toby is interesting considering the fact that they are dating and emily and her friends blinded Toby's sister Jenna.

 I think the relationship between Martin and Torchie is strong because torchie helped Martin adjust to his new school.

I think the relationship between Christina and Uriah is interesting because after Christina's boyfriend got shot, she was lonely. Uriah was there for her all the time. They because closer and closer and slowly would become boyfriend-girlfriend.

I think the relationship between Tris and Marcus is interesting, because Marcus is a cruel person to his son, and Tris actually believed the things Marcus says, i think it is very interesting because how they hate each other, but actually believed him. 

The relation between Jane Eyre and Edward Rochester is really interesting, because they are all the main character and there are a lot interesting and diffrent things happened between them.

·      This character reminds me of myself because . . . 

Tris reminds me of myself because she is trying new things and taking new risks, and she also adapts pretty quickly to new things. 

Four reminds me of myself because he is always trying to keep Tris safe and make sure she does not make life threatening mistakes. I also try to make sure my friends are doing what is best for them. 

Cassia reminds me of myself because she is sporty and willing to leran new things.

The character Emily reminds me of myself because she is very sporty and fairly calm.

Martin reminds me of myself because he is kind and wise.

Beatrice reminds me of myself because she is willing to take risks to discover more of the world. She is curious and brave, and would put herself in harm's way just to find out about something.

Philip Molly reminds of me because in the beginning of the book, he said that he liked to hear "you should try the race! You will lead into a victory!" from his PE teacher. I love sports so I would love to hear that and also I have an experience of hearing those comments in my previous school and it made me sooooooo happy.

Jane Eyre reminds of me, because she never quite at problems, and also she is really breave.

·      I think this setting is important because . . . 

I think the setting of the book is important, since all of the factions have different acting people, you can live with people that are like you (although Tris is divergent, so she is different than most people)

I think the setting is important because if all the factions were not as intensly different, some of the activity would not be going on. If they were not as different, factions would have no reason to exist, therefor no activity such as war would happen. 

The setting is imortant because it shows how the society is almost perfect.

I think this stories setting is interesting becuase right now everthing is happening in a tent.

It shows how different countries behave differently. Some are corrupted, some are peaceful, others are living in poverty. 

The setting is inprotant because it is talks about how do they konw each other.

i think the setting is important because without the setting the reader would not understand the book. 

We, as humans in the modern era, have to make adjustments to our fishing tactics or else the oceans will be destryoyed.

The setting in my book is irrelevant to the story.

·      This scene reminds me of a similar scene in (title of book/movie/T.V. show) because .  Two other books come to mind.  One is the Perfect Storm, a book which I read about 10 years ago about fishermen who get lost at sea off of the coast of New England.  Both books mention the same fishing groudns.  One shows the importance of fishing to the economy, one shows the devastation certain types of fishing have on the ocean.  The second story is a story I like about the garden of Eden.  It is based on the fact that the "original sin" of mankind was when they learned to farm.  Agriculture, no longer having to rely simply on what was provided by God in Eden, was where mankind went wrong.  This book feel quite similar.  Fishing is okay, if you are doing it to feed yourself.  As soona s it became commercial, things went wrong.

This book reminds me of Diverget because in a society that is supposed to be perfect the characters are causing a disturbance in the society.

This scene reminds me of the tv episodes of pretty little liars because that is actually what this book is based off of.

It kinda reminds me of The Giver, how they live in different communities and thought of the rest of the world as "Outside the fence". 

What is the reading level of this book for you?

This book is pretty good for me!

This book is a little easy but still just right for me. 

 This book is a pretty advanced book becuase their is a lot of swearing.

 This book is just right for me.

 This book is just right for me

 This book is just right for me

I think this book is fine for a teenager like me. 

just right for me 

I think this book is just right for me. 

I think this book is just right for me.

How long do you think it will take you to complete the book?

Maybe a week more...

I am almost done and I started on saturday so maybe a week. 

Maybe 5 more days.

I finished it yesterday. 

In class? maybe a week or so.

A week? 

Maybe a week to two weeks.

maybe two more weeks 

Predict what will happen next.

I think A will do something horrible to Emily at the Foxy Ball.

About 3 more days.

I think Martin and his friends are going to discover their secret talents.

I think Beatrice will discover that her mother is still alive. 

I think on Jane?s second morning at Lowood will not be that good.

i think they will find a ay to solve the shift



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment