Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hello from WV

Hello Mr. Kochs students!

My name is Lindsay and I had the opportunity of having Mr. Koch twice as a teacher when I was in high school. After graduating high school I attended college at West Virginia University obtaining a degree to be a physical education teacher. Finding a job as a p.e teacher has been harder than I thought, but I wanted to continue to work with students which brings me to where I am today. Currently I am working as a full time substitute for Doddridge County, WV at an Elementary school as a reading resource teacher working with second grade students.
The students are learning about holidays around the world and countries before they go on winter break. The holidays they are learning about are St. Lucia Day (Sweden), Hanukkah (Israel), Feliz Navidad (Mexico), Melkm Ganna (Ethiopia) and Chinese New Year (China). Since I knew Mr. Koch was teaching in China now I thought it would be a great idea to reach out and ask about some personal experiences. I have had the opportunity to share some of your stories that were posted on this blog to students and they have really enjoyed them and have been excited about learning of other cultures. The students have been working hard on making many different projects for the various countries. I will take some pictures over the next week and post them to the blog so you all can see them.

Thank you all again for posting about CNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment