Monday, December 9, 2013

Autumn by Eileen Lee

Autumn



Season after summer, before winter,
I feel wind gushing on my face,
Disappearing warmth, appearing breeze,
I hear people sneeze with red noses,
Breeze making people shiver like vibrating phones,
Feels like autumn is welcoming me to winter.


Season of the warm colors,
Full of red, orange, yellow,
Path covered with maple leaves,
As people walk, I hear crumpling sound of crispy leaves,
Feels like autumn is making me comfortable from the sound and colors.


Season of fruits,
I see fruits hanging on trees,
Apples, grapes, pears,
About to fall,
Feels like autumn is tempting me to overeat.


One of the four seasons, autumn,
Autumn passes again leaving the cold air and color orange,
Then we will have to wait for autumn to come again.

4 comments:

  1. It's awesome but if there were some rhymes and some form like ABABCDCDGG, it could be better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tons of description and really shows how much you like Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful poem and it really shows how much you like autumn. One thing I couldn't figure out though was the rhyme scheme. There is no exact number of syllables on a line, it does not follow a particular rhythm, and it does not rhyme. If you could figure out a way to give this poem a rhyme scheme, it would only make the poem better!

    ReplyDelete