Thursday, January 23, 2014

Choice Book Chat: bc123


Welcome to our epad reading conference.   The purpose is to increase the depth of your in-class reading experience.  This is an effort to discuss, ask questions, make connections and gain perspective on your reading.  Participation is required, but the direction of the discussion is up to you.

 

Avoid Spoilers, please.  Also, at the conlcusion of our discussion, this will be posted on the 778 Blog.

 

Please put your name what are you Reading?

House of Hades Noah

AllegiantCasper

The Book Thief - Matt

Go Well, Stay WellMichelle

I am Rachel and I'm reading Allegiant

The Hunger Games -Steph

The Battle of the Labyrinth-Lawrence

Ender's Game- Andrew Liu 7-7

Time Riders- Annie

The Hunger Games- Angela

Time Riders Bill 

The Boy in the striped pajamasHenry


Get started – 10 minutes starts now!

 

1.  Why did you choose this book?

I watched the movie Ender's Game, so I decided to read the book too.

It's the next book in the "Heros of Olympus" series

It is the next book in the divergent series

Casper told me that the book was really good and touching.

I was searching for books in my home and found this book, then when i read the blob i got 

interestedI like the word "blob"

It is the next book in the divergent series and it is a pretty captivaing series.

I watched the movie but I'd like to read more details, so I chose this book

A lot of people is reading it and i heard it's really good, so I decide to read it. 

Well this is my second time reading this but when i first started this book, many people loved the series and also its about greek stuff and I like Greek History.

Because lots of people are reading it and they said that it was good.

because the author visited and i thought i would read it. 

2. Discuss the way the author poses the male-female relationships in the novels? Do you find the gender roles and relationships believable?

The relationships in the story Ender's Game are very realistic and believable.

The realationships seem very rocky and weak in allegiant.

There are many different couples of high schoolers. Percy and Annebeth, Jason and Piper, Frank and Hazel, etc. Despite all the violence and fighting, the realationship between them is very caring and loving. But there's also parts of jelousy involved.

Yes, I find that the characters are very realistic and  they have very strong bonds and connections.

I think this book's character is not so realistic. Only Percy is realistic but then Clarisse's (Daughter of Ares) Characterizatoin is not so good.

I think the relationships in allegiant seem fragile and weak as if it could come apart at any moment

I only read a few pages, so i am not really sure. The time riders doesn't allow to have friends ro be in love, so i am not really sure. 

The relations in this book is very hurtful, Katniss likes Gale, and Gale likes Katniss, but to get sponsors, she has to pretend falling in love with Peeta. But Peeta is mad in love with Katniss..

i knew the ending and i thought it would be really intersting


The characters' relationship started to become very complicated from about the middle of the book, when Peeta reconized that he likes Katniss. 

Does that seem authentic?


From this book, where i read so far, i didn't find and couples except for the couples of parents.  Do the parents seem to repesent "Actual" relationships? um... i just read the part where the parents got drunk and were having realtionships... i'm not sure


3.  Respond to one or more of the following - 


·      This part is very realistic/unrealistic because . . . 

the part when Candy and Becky was saying goodbye, it was really realistic that there was a bus for africans and the road was seperated

I think that most of the parts are pretty realistic in the book Ender's Game.

i think the author did a really good job making time travel more realistic. 


·      I think the relationship between ______and ______ is interesting because . . . 

i think the relationship between Candy and Becky is really interesting because the setting was in the real days when black and whites were seperated, and the two characters, that has different color of skin(?), are getting to know each other

I think that the realationship between Tris and Tobias is interesting because thay always fight and get mad then relax and calm down again and they always seem like they're about to break up.

The relationship between Rudy and Liesel is that they are friends but Rudy is always flirting with Liesel.

The relationship between all the boys is very instresting. They're respectful and compassionate towards one another and they help each other out. The part that questions me is the fact that they NEVER fight.

i think the relationship between shumel and intersting, because shumel was a jew in a death camp and bruno was a nazi.

I think the relationship of Annabeth and Clarisse is Interesting. Percy and Annabeth (some love going on). Juniper and Grover (Also love). Tyson and Grover (Grover is scared of Tyson) and Quintin and Luke(Suspiciousing Quintin helping Luke)

  

I think the relationship between Gale, Katniss and Peeta are interesting, because Peeta said that he likes Katniss, and Gale seemed to be having a crush on Katniss too.


·      This section makes me think about . 


the section where becky told the story of the coppers and bit his arse, made me think that africans/blacks also believed in some kind of tale. (it was really funny!!)


·      I like/dislike (name of character) because . . . 

i like the character Becky because even though she is black, she is not depressed of anything and belives herself with faith and and humors alot

I dislike Edward because he becomes very angry and jealous alowing himself to be controled easily and turning himelf into a potential killing machine.

I dislike Quintin because I think he is helping luke invasion. From his fight with percy, i think there is something wrong with him. He even has a pet hellhound.

I dislike Caleb because of certain past actions that lead to the death of some people

I dislike Viktor Chemmel, because since he is rich and he thinks he can do whatever he wants. In this one part he just takes Liesels book and throws it in the river.

i dislike shumel because at the end he kind of forced bruno to die with him when he wanted to leave the prison because he was spying.

I like the name Maddy, because the book is describing a kind of nerdy girl, so somehow i find the name Maddy suits the character really good. I think the name Liam is ok, i don't find it actually that good, because the boy is from 1912, I think the name is suppose to be more "anicent/old". 


i really like bob in my book because he is half a robot and half a human, so some times he can act really funny and helpful on the robot side and can act really friendly on the human side. 



4.  What is the reading level of this book for you?  Challenging, too easy or just right.

It is just right for me. There might be some words I don't understand but I can understand most parts of the story. 

it's just right, there are some difficult vocabularies but i could find out the meaning by reading the phrases around the vocab.

I think this book might be just right for me. Even though there aren't many complicated words, the story in the book is amazing. The plot and all of that is just right to help me make MY stories much more instresting.

I think this book is just right for me, i understand the book, although sometimes there is difficult voabs. 

I think this book is a little easy because it seemes a little simple

Just right because it is quick, captivating, and the story line is moving at a good pace.

This book is just right and you can learn things really fast from this book. 

this book is just right for me, i can under stand the book while learning new vocabs. 

i think this book was a bit too easy for me but the imformation was really good


I think the book is justright for me, because there aren't a lot of new volcabulry words and it is easy to understand.

International School of Beijing: bc123.

No comments:

Post a Comment