Monday, January 20, 2014

Timeriders Book Chat

International School of Beijing: timeriders.

 
Welcome to our epad reading conference.   The purpose is to increase the depth of your in-class reading experience.  This is an effort to discuss, ask questions, make connections and gain perspective on your reading.  Participation is required, but the direction of the discussion is up to you.


Avoid Spoilers, please.  Also, at the conclusion of our discussion, this will be posted on the 778 Blog.

 

Please write your name and what are you Reading?

Time Riders - Gauri

Time Riders - Matthew

I read all 8 books in the Time Rider series. wow, you eat books - Bono

The second Time Riders book.-Michael

I read all 8 books in the Time Rider series.-Eric

I've read all the books up to Gates of Rome, im halfway through it- Seth

Why did you choose this book?

I read this book because the author Alex Scarrow was here and when he showed us the trailer for the book, i was very interested so i thought that i could give this book a try. Plus Bono suggested that i should read this book.

Since,everybody was talking about this book and the plot,I got intrested to read it and participate in their discussions and when I got to know that this book is about time travel I was really curious about the story plot.

I read this book because my friends thought it was a good book and then they showed me it.

Last year, I just found the book int he library while Iwas looking around and thought that it might be a good book.

+1 to the visiting author!  I though it was the responsible thing to do:)

I wasn't interested at first because time travel is just, SO NOT REAL. But then everyone was recommending the book to me, so I was like, let's give it a try. And I loved the series. I couldn't put down the book.

The topic was good and I was encouraged by Alex Scarrow's visit. I like the storyline and how they figure out more and more about their agency.

I agree, Seth,  the story, and the mix of histories is pretty cool!

I'm reading chapter 53. I wasn't interested in Sci-fi but after reading this book Sci-fi became my favourite genre.

Get started - 10 minutes starts now!



Think of at least one song that a main character of your book would listen to.  Explain how the lyrics and music relate to the character.

Well I think Maddy Carter might listen to Ballard of Mona Lisa because she is kind of a geeky person and I imagine her as a hard-rock person with techy intrests.

I think Liam might listen to hard-rock because he hasn't heard this kind of music in his time so he might be intersted at it. good thinking

I think Sal liked rock music because they went to a rock concert in the 3rd book, and Sal loved it. (Liam said it didn't even sound like music)



What does the cover of the book tell you about what you may find inside it?

The cover of the story, usually showed what time they went to, with the numbers scattered acrosss the page usually showed important times in the stories.

Well, due to the numbers that were scattered on the cover I knew it had something to do with time as in those times. Also, there was a "glowy" effect on the cover so it lookes mysterious.

The cover shows the years that the characters went to and I think there us also a time machine in the cover.


Why did you choose this book?

I like time travel and mystery books because I like to be curious about the ending and the plot twist that usually happens in most adventure books.

I think Alex Scarrow did a lot of work of the cover page. It hooks you in when you look at it, and yet, it doesn't give away that much information. Well done Mr. Scarrow!

I did not want to read this but everyone started reading this book. After I read some chapters, the story started getting fun. I love this book.


What is the reading level of this book for you?

About a 8

The series is well thought out, with good characters, good storylines, and humor 

I especially like Bob and Becks

Time Travel is a cool topic because the author could just use his imagination and make a good story, because there are no true facts about time travel (not yet!)

I think it is the appropriate reading level for me. The plot is good. The characters are even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment