Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Creative Fiction

Dreamland


By Hyo Jin Kim 7-8


 

I opened my eyes and I found out I was sitting on a big, white plain. It was windy and snow was falling. I slowly walked in the snowy plain. It was dark and scary. I wanted to leave the place and go back home to get more sleep. Just when I reached a hill, I found a small cottage. I barked and scratched the door. The door opened and a giant snowman with a red scarf came out the door and said, “Little dog, where did you come from?” I told the snowman that I was lost. Then the snowman gave me a warm bowl of soup and a piece of bread. While I was eating, the snowman said that he would try to find a way to go back to my home. When my stomach was full, I sat in front of the fireplace and started to fall asleep.

 

I woke up again and I was lying just at the place I fell asleep yesterday. I walked around the house and sniffed to look for food. I looked for that snowman that gave me soup and bread yesterday, but he was gone. I decided to wait for him on the red mat.

 

The sun was high up in the sky and the snowman didn’t come home yet. I started to feel hungry and it was getting cold, even when the sun was up. Then I heard footsteps at the door. I ran to the door hoping that the snowman brought me bread and hoping that he found a way home. But when the door opened, I saw a tall woman with a black dress standing and staring at me in front of the door.

“Hello little, adorable dog. I am here to take you back home,” the woman said. I thought that the snowman was going to take me home, but I decided to go with her because she said that she would take me home.

 

We went out of the cottage and walked in the snow. We walked for couple of hours and I was getting tired. Suddenly the woman picked me up and took a bag out and squished me into that bag. I could not see anything because it was too dark. When she pulled me out of the bag I found the red scarf that the snowman was wearing. What did she do to the snowman? Did she kill the snowman? How can I go back home if the snowman died? The woman came to me and said, “I melted your giant friend, little dog. I didn’t want him to find your way home. He’s gone. You will never see him again. I want you to stay with me forever. The weather is getting colder and colder and I can’t find any food. I didn’t eat any meat, little dog. That’s why I need you right now.” I was scared. Is she going to eat me? The woman put me on her lap and patted my head. I tried to run away. I scratched her and bit her but she was too strong and I could not escape. Am I going to die?

 

“Little dog, I am so hungry. Do you like fried chicken or boiled chicken better? I like fried ones. They are good. So maybe I should fry you for dinner today,” said the woman. She dragged me to a room, with a stove and a large wooden table. The knives, forks and plates were everywhere. Nobody was there; dim light filled the room, the cold made me shiver. I have to get away from this place. I checked to see if the doors were open. As I expected, the doors were closed. Then I saw a window. I jumped up and saw that the window was open. I hopped out of the window. Now that I found the way to get out, I had to save the snowman so he could help me to go back home.

 

When I was walking, I met a mouse. He hid from me, scared. A few seconds later he came out and asked, “Why are you looking at me?” I asked the mouse if he knew how to save a snowman. He agreed to help me save the snowman and told me that I had to gather the snow and put it in the refrigerator. Then I have to drop some green magic liquid that the witch has in the snow. The snowman will come back to life soon after the liquid is dropped.

 

“Thanks for teaching me little mouse. But who is the witch?” I ask.

“You don’t know who the witch is? The witch wears black dress and has black hair and eyes. She is famous for killing snowmen and killing animals for food,” said the mouse. I think the witch is the woman that melted the snowman. I thanked the mouse one more time and I trotted back to the witch’s house.

 

Luckily the door was opened. I went in and saw the witch reading a book. Next to her there was a small bottle of green liquid. That’s the bottle of magic, I thought. How am I going to steal it from her? I hid behind the door and waited until the witch left the room.

 

I think I fell asleep behind the door for a couple of hours. I checked in the room and saw that the witch was not there. So I climbed up the sofa and held the bottle in my mouth. I went out forgetting that it was witch’s house. When I was just trying to exit, I saw the guards running to me and chasing me. I quickly ran outside following the tracks that were made when I was first going to the witch’s house. The guards were still chasing me. They were only a few meters away. I quickly hid behind a tree and let the guards to pass. When the woods were quiet, I slowly walked back to the snowman’s house.

 

I gathered some snow and put it in the refrigerator. Then I opened the lid with my teeth and dropped some liquid in the snow and watched as the snowman came to life.

 

“Thank you for saving me little dog,” said the snowman, “since you saved me, I will help you to go back home.” The snowman drew a rectangle on the floor. Suddenly a door appeared. Then I was out of the snowman’s sight.

 

“Pete! You lazy dog! Stop sleeping and let’s go for a walk!” I hear Sara calling me. Was that a dream? The snowman, the witch and the mouse? Maybe it was a dream. I miss the snowman. I didn’t have time to say goodbye. Today, I am going to go back to the Dreamland and thank the snowman.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment