Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Burst of Fish by Michelle Jo

Creative Fiction – descriptive writing

The Burst of Fish

As the fishing net twirls and lands at the calm ocean, crystal bubbles shine through the sunlight, and land on top of the ocean. I glide through the water, feeling the coldness of it. I can smell the tang of this salt, as I go deeper for the fishes to get jammed. The ocean reflects the red sunlight and makes me more confident to catch fish.

It’s my first time of getting myself alone in the ocean. As the boat leaves me alone in the water, I get frightened. Big dolphins dived closer and my fear was growing greater. But after I feel the warmth of sunlight, I get confident. The splendid fishing net twirls and slowly sinks down in the water. My hope, as vast as this ocean, might get the fish to come to me. I hear the flickering sound at the bottom of my toes. I feel them getting closer. I sensed it! I tangle the corners together and hear the tick tacking sounds of the fish. My fingers were swollen and the color was same as the redness of an apple. My shoulders were tearing off as I pushed myself backwards. Pulling the fishing net with hope, I see the sparkling water all over the fish. I could see it with my eyes! It felt like catching the fishes was as many as 4 tons of whales! I firmly put my hands on the fishes. Just how nervous I was, the fish starts bouncing off the web, as if it wanted to fly up the sky. The fishes flickered, saying, “ I want to go! Free me!” I buzz my voice, as if I was a bee. I can’t show the excitement of how much I was amused by them. But as my nervousness swifts out of my mind, the relief of my heart didn’t let my voice out. I kept buzzing and shivering my voice, like a fly, and couldn’t say a word. It will be my greatest day of my life, I would grandly say!

No comments:

Post a Comment