Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lost

Lost

By Hyo Jin Kim

 

I get walked over

Or kicked

Or thrown down the hallway.

I am lost.

I don’t know where to go.

I wait for someone to pick me up.

 

I am covered with mud

And bits of pieces of gums.

I wait in this hallway for few days.

Before I got lost,

I was a beautiful pencil.

I was coloured green, yellow and red.

But now green turned into black,

Red into brown,

And yellow is starting to fade.

Finally my hero comes.

A hand picks me up,

And give me a home.

It is a small home.

Pens or eraser lives here.

I am alone.

The zipper opens

And a hand picks me up,

I am cleaned by a pencil sharpener.

 

I come out of the pencil sharpener.

My lead is sharpened

And shiny like silver.

I am cleansed

With soaked tissues.

I am clean just like a new pencil.

 

Then a brush comes to me

And it paints me in bright orange,

And yellow and blue.

I once lived in the hallway.

And once I was a blunt, dirty, lost pencil,

But now I am a beautiful pencil.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment